Thursday, August 11, 2011

Nico Ibaviosa & his (probably) most awkward "date" | Java Night 2010 - Ilang-ilang Residence Hall

Nico Ibaviosa
Nico Ibaviosa
Using Pat's not-so-good-camera (peace yow! :P), I took Nico Ibaviosa's picture myself.

In the heat of Campus Political Campaigns for the University Student Council, words spread about a celebrity running for councilor. My roommates introduced to me (by word of mouth) this guy who campaigned in their Accounting class. As days went by, I had heard speculations from many students that the said celeb will just be using his 'cuteness' to gain votes, that he will just be 'another pretty face' in the throne of the USC. I got curious. I remembered Kuya Atom Aurullo's case. He was judged badly before he could take real action. Meanwhile, in the dormitory, my friend (the Socials Committee Head) agreed upon my suggestion of a Bidding Date for Java Night <):). Of course, it pushed through and Nico Ibaviosa was the main attraction (part of his political campaign I guess). That time, I had just received my last salary in my part-time tutorial job. So on the night of the event, a crazy spirit took over my body and bid. I won >:).

Nico Ibaviosa crowded by me and Abi
Nico Ibaviosa
I put a copyright mark here although I'm not the one who took the picture (and also the rest).

"Ah, mga otaku nga pala kami at wala kaming ibang gagawin ngayong gabi kundi ang i-harrass ka," crazy but that was my introduction to him. I did that so that, right from the start, he'll know how crazy the ones he'll be dealing with in the table are. JOKE! But really, I don't want to beat around the bush. By his own assessment, he should know what to expect. And I don't care however he'd look at us.


Nico Ibaviosa

A perky shot with Nico Ibaviosa
Nico Ibaviosa

Unlike the usual date, what transpired that night wasn't a date at all. It was rather a brief interview. My friends and I were organizers of that event and most of our time that night was being eaten up with our committee jobs. Everything went fine, it was okay. And the reason why the organizers themselves can join in the event? I made the rules! :))

Nico Ibaviosa and Pat
Nico Ibaviosa

Nico Ibaviosa and Abi

Nico Ibaviosa will be taken... out. like food? joke! :P
Nico Ibaviosa
By the end of the 'date', I found out that Nico Ibaviosa is a nice guy and a trustworthy would-be politician. In a short period of time, I saw how his esteem plummeted and plunged up at the same time. It was like this, my friend on the table kept on bugging me about my hidden motive. And honestly, I don't exactly know what my motive was. Everything was a spur of the moment.

Nico Ibaviosa

After saying my piece of a dug-up motive, Nico uttered, "So, you just want to prove something to yourself." And I saw how the flare of his aura reduced. I know he felt offended. But something suddenly hit me and I said, "Hindi ko naman talaga nais mag-bid. Hindi ko lang akalaing may darating na isang katulad mo." 8-} Obviously, I had my way too much reading romantic pocketbooks. :)) Nico was taken by surprise. Imagine just where my impulsiveness leads me most of the time.


Pat's shot before the bidding.

Nico Ibaviosa


During the bidding

Nico Ibaviosa

It was a nice experience sharing a table with Nico Ibaviosa. ♡(。◕‿‿◕。)~♥

No comments:

Post a Comment